Called “motivating,” “inspirational,” and “uplifting” by visitors, Voces de Liberación explores the stories of nine Latina politicians and activists in Southern California.
Colorful, eye-catching graphics and accompanying oral histories highlight nine incredible women who made an impact in historical and contemporary Southern California. They advocate(d) for political rights for their communities not just locally, but also regionally and nationally. A matching template gives you the opportunity to feature Latina politicians and activists in your community.
Nine inspiring women are profiled in this printable poster exhibit, three each representing “Politics,” “Justice,” and “Community”:
- Theresa Smith of the Law Enforcement Accountability Network (LEAN)
- America Bracho of Latino Health Access
- Rose Espinoza of Rosie’s Garage
- Antonia Hernández, Executive Director of the California Community Foundation
- Nury Martinez, Los Angeles City Councilwoman
- Helen Torres, director of Hispanas Organized for Political Equality
- Ada Briceño, labor union leader and founder of Orange County Communities Organized for Responsible Development (OCCORD)
- Michele Martinez, Santa Ana City Councilwoman
- Angelica Salas, Executive Director of Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA).
Voces de Liberación was curated by Jael Muller, developed from oral histories collected for CSU Fullerton’s Center for Oral and Public History’s “Women, Politics, and Activism Project,” and originally displayed at CSU Fullerton’s Pollak Library in partnership with the Department of History. Its tour is managed by Exhibit Envoy.
- Adults, Teens
- Rental Fee:
- $250 (reduced fee!)
- Flexible (100 linear ft. recommended)
- Installation Images:
- View Here
This printable poster exhibit includes the following digital files:
- (9) 42″ x 60″ long-form profiles
- (9) 24″ x 36″ complementary short-form profiles
- (4) 23″ x 40″ panels (title, introduction, acknowledgements, wall of honor)
- 2 templates for InDesign (42″ x 60″ and 24″ x 36″) for including local stories
- Oral histories from all 9 women, available via Soundcloud or as mp3s
- Programming suggestions
- Exhibition press and social media kit
Schedule and Availability
|Previous Exhibitors:||California State University, Fullerton|